MENTAL TOUGHNESS PROFILE
Today’s modern world is both fast-paced and highly demanding. Performers from all walks of life are expected to manage stress, while at the same time perform at their highest levels. It will be essential to find out your Mental Toughness Profile.
What is the Psychology of Elite Performance?
The word “elite” is defined as:
“a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society.”
Mental Toughness Qualities: The 5C’s
Elite performers are able to harness and apply specific psychological strategies that facilitate peak performances:
The five mental toughness competencies highlighted here are:
- Composure: Being calm and handling competitive pressure and anxiety,
- Concentration: Focusing on what really matters without being distracted,
- Confidence: Having self-belief and trust during stressful situations,
- Cope-ability (aka Coping with Challenges): Handling mistakes and challenges through mental resilience, and
- Cohesion: Possessing a team-oriented attitude and mindset.
Mental toughness has been found to change with time, experience, and across situations. As such, a long-term development approach is recommended to developing the “winning” mindset.
I will implement the relaxation and self centering to improve my 5 C’s
Using relaxation and centering to improve my composure and concentration
Learning how to relax, keep calm under pressure. Focus on things that I can control.
Thank you so much! It is so important to my life for your sharing.