Monthly Leadership Development Programme: 18th July 2019 (Thursday), 8:30am – 1pm
Strategic Thinking for Future Success [featuring Prof. Dr. Leif Erik Wollenweber (top right)]
Strategic thinking is the ability to recognize the relationships, complexities, and implications of a situation; anticipate possibilities; and plan what to do. It is an attempt to develop a best guess about the future. Effective strategic thinking integrates the future into your decision making processes today by thinking big, deep, and long.
- Understand what strategic thinking is and its value to leaders.
- Recognize strategic thinking as a daily process.
- Demonstrate five qualities for future based thinking.
- Apply five strategic thinking skills—Systems thinking, opportunity savvy; thinking creatively; thinking in time; clear intentions.
Leadership Influence Through Emotional Intelligence [featuring Colleen Stanley (top left)]
Emotional intelligence, a set of behaviors that can be developed through training and experience is considered one of the strongest predictors of leadership performance. In fact, some would say that emotional intelligence determines leadership potential in business today.
To help us explore the impact emotional intelligence has in leadership, we have brought in Colleen Stanley, founder of Sales Leadership, Inc. and the Ei Selling System® as well as the author of Emotional Intelligence For Sales Success.
- Define production skills that help individuals and teams respond with reason rather than react when triggered by others.
- Relate the application of emotional intelligence to higher performance.
- Prepare leaders to mobilize people around a compelling vision through influence rather than by exercising authority.